Friday, November 14, 2014

Week in Review + Pancakes-for-Dinner Kind of Night

Yet another week gone in a flash! And yet again, I had every intention of blogging more frequently, but life was happening like crazy. (Though I barely took pictures of any of it...)

Wondering what this mommy has been up to? (I'm going to tell you regardless...) How about a little week in review?

Monday and Tuesday were relatively uneventful. 5 am Pure Barre both mornings, TONS and TONS of work to do all day, a 5-miler on Tuesday night.

Wednesday is where it started to get crazy. Hit up my Pure Barre class in the morning, work,work work, and then hit up the hot bar at Whole Foods for my favorite honey buffalo fried tofu. Sooooo delicious! Around 3:15, I hopped in the car with my co-worker and my luggage for a road trip to Knoxville for business. It's a good thing she's talkative because it was a 3.5-hour drive! Somehow we never ran out of things to say.

We got to the hotel, checked in, and then headed straight to the lobby bar with our bags. These 2 mommies' gotta maximize every minute of an overnight trip! We had a beer while we worked on our presentation for Thursday's meeting. (Per usual, I didn't even finish my beer.) I snuck in a call to daddy and the munchkins, too.

Later that evening, we met up with some friends of hers for a yummy Asian dinner and a couple glasses of wine. Totally planned to blog when I got back from dinner, but it was 11:30 by the time I got back and crawled into bed. So late for me!

I had also planned to run on the treadmill at the hotel Thursday morning, but with the late night, the wine, and the fact that I had a hotel room to myself and didn't need to be anywhere until 9, I ended up sleeping in - until 7. So late for me - in a great way!

We went to our meeting, crushed it, and then packed up and headed back to ATL. I got back to the office just before 3 pm and walked straight into a conference room for an hour-long call. After picking up kiddos, making everyone dinner, and putting baby girl to bed, I finally got that run in. And it was COLD!!

And it got even colder. I had to bundle up to my eyeballs to head to Pure Barre.

I had an appointment this morning, so I didn't get to work until about 9:30. Other than a quick break to heat up my lunch (edamame and leftover homemade black bean burger), I barely moved from my desk today. Next thing I knew, it was time to pick up the kids again. And since it's the end of the week and the kitchen is bare (and daddy had to work), it was a pancakes-for-dinner kind of night. (Vegan pancakes of course to accommodate mommy!) No pictures, but here's the recipe, which made about 8 pancakes:

Whole Wheat Vegan Pancakes
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1T sugar
3/4 tsp baking powder
1T Earth Balance (melted in the micro for 20 sec)
1 "flax egg" (1T ground flax mixed with 3T warm water - let sit for a couple minutes before mixing into the batter)
~1 cup  unsweetened vanilla almond milk (I used Silk)

We gobbled them up in no time!

Tomorrow is my long run day. My last double-digit run before the half marathon - 10 miles! I have really been enjoying getting up early and getting it over with before the day begins, even last weekend's 12-miler in 34-degree weather. But tomorrow, I have to draw the line. Daddy has to leave for work at 6:45 am and it's supposed to be 28 degrees at 5 am, the time I would need to head out the door. Just. Can't. Do it. Too cold too early. Luckily daddy will be home early enough for me to still get my run in, although I don't love late-day long runs. But certainly better than the alternative. And now that I've made the "official" call that I'm not getting out of bed that early, I feel relieved and happy to be able to stay in my warm bed as long as kiddos will allow!

Speaking of which, it's bedtime for me! Gotta make the most of it!

What's the weather like where you are?

What's your "cutoff temperature" for outdoor activities?

No comments:

Post a Comment